Thursday, December 17, 2009

A song of hope

When 450 ppm seems a tough job, raising the ante to 300 ppm and restricting temperature rise to 1 degree may seem ridiculous to many. To climate change hopefuls, it sent the signal of never say die when Bolivia made the same proposal at Cop-15.

The Indian Youth delegation decided to provide a rapid response action for this bold leadership in the highly depressing environment of the negotiations.
And came up with the following song -

Every day their stalling and
they’re saying the same old things again
hm-hm-hm
But one bright country stands apart,
they’re sayin’ things close to my heart.
They’ve got a plan with hope in hand,
They’re sayin’ c’mon let’s just start…
Bolivia, I wish I was Bolivian
Just one degree temperature rise,
300 ppm in the skies,
cent per-cent emissions down by two thousand forty
Does anyone know the price of waiting
fighting, hating, procrastinating,
hm-hm-hm
My future stands in front of me,
while people here make history,
I hope and pray that it will be,
what the world’s children wish to see…
Bolivia…
We’ve got to take the boldest steps
there’s work to do; clean up the mess.
hm-hm-hm
My future looks me in the eye,
says to me the time is nigh
It’s time to see the world agree,
time for responsibility!
Bolivia…


The Bolivian president Morales was so impressed that he has invited the Indian group to sing the song before his address!
May hope never die.

No comments: